Monday, November 17, 2008

Total Request Live, Gone?


Last night was officially the last episode of TRL ever. It has been a staple on MTV for ten years now and its weird to think that its over. It has been a symbol of our childhood because we grew up with the music artists that were on this show for as long as we have cared about these things. There was a cpuntdown of all of the songs that have been the most popular throughout the history of the show. Britney Spears came in at number one. When I was little, I idolized her. She was a large part of my childhood, along with the Backstreet Boys who performed last night. During their time in the spotlight, when I was in elementary school, I would have married any one of them or 'Nsync. Also, Carson Daily hosted the finale last night. He was the original VJ and it was nice to see him there last night. I still can't believe that this show is over. Its the end of an era that portrays our generation. How do you feel about this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad about the ending of TRL! Although I cannot say that I have watched it habitually for the last 10 years, I watched it really often when i was younger and really enjoyed it. In the past couple years, they kept changing around the times so I only caught it when I happened to turn on the tv and it was on but it was definitely a program that represented our generation perfectly. It depicted how we acted around celebrities, how far we are willing to go and embarrass ourselves just to meet our favorite celebrities, and even how our celebrities work in a more reality based setting. TRL introduced hundreds of bands and jumpstarted their careers and without it, I really don't know how anyone will learn about new bands. :(

T Quizz! said...

I used to watch this show everyday after school, but unfortunately I stopped. While I did watch it though, I think that it was really good, because hear some of my favorite artists performing. I think that because it is ending, it is saying a lot about our generation. What show on MTV is going to be responsible on covering music? Only reality shows are going to be on a MUSIC based network. : (

Gaby said...

I can't believe it's over! I think it's not a smart move for MTV because that was really the only show left that actually had to do with "music television." I think as MTV has stopped playing as much music videos and other music-related programs and increased their reality shows, viewers have been more and more disappointed, and the end or TRL was the final straw I think. MTV's loss of viewers might be more than they bargained for.

I loved TRL! It always kept me up to date with whatever new singles came out. I really don't see any reason for MTV ending this classic show that will go down in history. RIP TRL <3