Thursday, November 6, 2008

Razia's Shadow

"Razia's Shadow: A Musical" is an album from Forgive Durden under the label of Fueled By Ramen, the same one that Fall Out Boy, The Academy Is..., and Cobra Starship are under. This is actually a musical with characters and a plot. I thought this was really unusual and interesting. I found out about this musical from the Say Anything website. Max Bemis from Say Anything, my favorite band, and is featured on "Razia's Shadow". I listened to this one song, but I didn't really know about the whole album. My friend, Jessica, told me about it and its a really good album. The Fueled By Rmen product page describes the musical as "The album tells the story of a world divided in two by the selfish actions of a powerful and egotistical, yet insecure angel. After generations of darkness, the world is eventually brought back together by the love and sacrifice of a couple brave enough to fulfill their destinies". You can listen to it here:http://www.forgivedurden.com/blog/.
Even if you don't like the style of music or the story behind it, this is still an interesting concept. Most albums tell a story, but the way this is presented is new. What would you think of other bands doing the same thing?

No comments: