One of the best places to discover new bands is on MySpace. This isn't only good for people in search of new music to listen to, but for the bands that provide it. MySpace makes it so easy to search for music artists and find other ones. Before the time of this new network, bands that weren't signed found it hard to be successful. Now, bands can easily acquire a fan base without being signed to a record label. While looking for bands, I found one on my current favorite bands that I happened to see yesterday, Forever The Sickest Kids. This is when I first become a fan. Also, The Cab posted songs on their MySpace page before being signed to Decay Dance, the same label as Fall Out Boy and other well known bands. This is even more beneficial to them because they can be found by record labels and be signed this way. Its a win/win situation for everyone. What bands have you discovered through Myspace? Do you know of any other ways to do this?
Thursday, November 13, 2008
MySpace Mania
One of the best places to discover new bands is on MySpace. This isn't only good for people in search of new music to listen to, but for the bands that provide it. MySpace makes it so easy to search for music artists and find other ones. Before the time of this new network, bands that weren't signed found it hard to be successful. Now, bands can easily acquire a fan base without being signed to a record label. While looking for bands, I found one on my current favorite bands that I happened to see yesterday, Forever The Sickest Kids. This is when I first become a fan. Also, The Cab posted songs on their MySpace page before being signed to Decay Dance, the same label as Fall Out Boy and other well known bands. This is even more beneficial to them because they can be found by record labels and be signed this way. Its a win/win situation for everyone. What bands have you discovered through Myspace? Do you know of any other ways to do this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've discovered so many bands through Myspace and I love the idea of being able to have easily accessible new music whenever I want! I found Backseat Goodbye, Melee, The Morning Light, Shirock, Just Off Turner, Dave Barnes, and many many more bands through this social networking site and I'm so glad I did. I agree, it's hard for the band to have their albums discovered if listeners don't have an opportunity to hear them before buying their CD. This works in the same way for the listener- It's difficult to have such a large collection of bands you enjoy listening to if you had to discover them without having access to sites like Myspace.
Post a Comment