Tuesday, December 2, 2008

CDs or MP3s?




Recently, in the music industry, there has been a battle between digital music downloading and the hard copy CDs. There are positives to both, but I personally like having the actual CD. I know that buying albums on iTunes or downloading them from LimeWire for free is easier most of the time, but I just love having the cases in my room and looking at the booklet that comes inside. It's odd, but I would choose that over the digital any day. I keep the cases on my bookshelf in my room and when I'm listening to the album, I look at the lyrics and the other things the artist writes on the cover. I also like them a lot better for the car. I have an iPod adapter, but I prefer CDs. I'll put one in and leave it there for a couple of days. I know many people don't feel this way and think that hard copies are annoying and out-dated, but I disagree. In later years, the actual CDs will be worth more, in sentimental value and also monetary value. 
Another reason that I like them more is that they are so much easier to share. When I share my music with friends, the music I nought on iTunes isn't easy to share because they have so many obstacles surrounding them. With the actual one, I am able to lend someone the CD for a day and they can upload it to their computer and there is no restriction to how many times I can do this. They also support the artist you bought it from. The way I see it, if you don't pay for the actual music, you will be paying for it in concert tickets. Why not get some sort of compensation for buying it? Get the whole package!

No comments: