I always get so excited before I see my favorite bands live. I look forward to it for months in advance and replay the experience over in my head for months later. But what makes the band memorable? How much experience they have performing or how much energy they have, which is more characteristic of a new band? Personally, I like seeing bands that haven't really had much success in the music industry at that point because they have more energy and I feel like they appreciate the audience more. The first time I saw All Time Low live, they didn't have a signed album out. Their performance was amazing and made them one of my favorite band, even today. However, when I saw them again, they were still great, but they didn't have the same new enegy that they had before. After, they still interacted with the people, but it was harder to actually talk with them because they had more of a following. In the case of two different bands, the more famous one could be on the same level as the small band, but happens to have more of a following. So, what matters more? Having the experience or having the energy? Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Experience or Energy?
I always get so excited before I see my favorite bands live. I look forward to it for months in advance and replay the experience over in my head for months later. But what makes the band memorable? How much experience they have performing or how much energy they have, which is more characteristic of a new band? Personally, I like seeing bands that haven't really had much success in the music industry at that point because they have more energy and I feel like they appreciate the audience more. The first time I saw All Time Low live, they didn't have a signed album out. Their performance was amazing and made them one of my favorite band, even today. However, when I saw them again, they were still great, but they didn't have the same new enegy that they had before. After, they still interacted with the people, but it was harder to actually talk with them because they had more of a following. In the case of two different bands, the more famous one could be on the same level as the small band, but happens to have more of a following. So, what matters more? Having the experience or having the energy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment