I can't say that I've ever been to a concert in a venue as big as the Bank Atlantic Center , but I also can't say that I want to. When I go to shows, they are in small places and its easy to get up close and personal with my favorite artists. At places like Revolution and the Culture Room, you are free to move around and have to opportunity to be right against the stage, if you're willing to fight for it. At larger venues, you would be limited to the seat that you are assigned and probably would never get the chance to meet them after the show. Whenever I go to a show, I wait after to talk to the bands, get pictures, and have them sign things for me. I feel closer to the music and the artist because I was able to connect with them. The bands that play at these smaller places are more likely to even be able to connect with their fans. Beyonce wont let her fans take pictures with her or touch her because she is afraid of germs. I think it makes her seem like she doesn't care about them. However, last year, I took my friend to see Cobra Starship on her birthday and she told Ryland Blackinton this and he gave her his hat as a present. This shows that they really care about the people that support them. I think its great that some artists take the time to show their fans that they appreciate them. And for the ones that don't, I don't care about them that much either.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Bigger Isn't Always Better
I can't say that I've ever been to a concert in a venue as big as the Bank Atlantic Center , but I also can't say that I want to. When I go to shows, they are in small places and its easy to get up close and personal with my favorite artists. At places like Revolution and the Culture Room, you are free to move around and have to opportunity to be right against the stage, if you're willing to fight for it. At larger venues, you would be limited to the seat that you are assigned and probably would never get the chance to meet them after the show. Whenever I go to a show, I wait after to talk to the bands, get pictures, and have them sign things for me. I feel closer to the music and the artist because I was able to connect with them. The bands that play at these smaller places are more likely to even be able to connect with their fans. Beyonce wont let her fans take pictures with her or touch her because she is afraid of germs. I think it makes her seem like she doesn't care about them. However, last year, I took my friend to see Cobra Starship on her birthday and she told Ryland Blackinton this and he gave her his hat as a present. This shows that they really care about the people that support them. I think its great that some artists take the time to show their fans that they appreciate them. And for the ones that don't, I don't care about them that much either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree Tracey! I feel like loving a band you can never really get the opportunity to meet is kind of giving you false hope. Of course, it is not necessary to meet your favorite bands and singers, but it really does bring it to a more personal level. I love love love getting to know someone's personality and, if it's great, it makes me love their music even more. We got to meet Bryce Avery after his concert a few months ago and I was so happy to be able to talk to him like a normal person... which he is (and we sometimes tend to forget).
Post a Comment