Monday, January 5, 2009

The Bigger Lights

During winter break, I went to a show at the Culture Room with Hey Monday, There For Tomorrow, Karrigan, and The Bigger Lights. Before I went, I was only a fan of Hey Monday and have heard some of There For Tomorrow's songs, but other than that, it was all new to me. The Bigger Lights told us that they had lost their drummer a couple of days earlier "to the music industry" and that the other guitarist had to record all new beats for them to perform on this short notice. They said that this sound was much more "Justin Timberlake" which is a big difference than their usual pop-punk sound. I think it was awesome that they were so open to this change and were able to adapt so quickly. They are obviously a very versatile band. I bought their CD after, and I can't even decide which style I like more. I just thought it was really interesting and goes to show that a band doesn't have to be famous for them to have good music, even when they are in a bind.

No comments: