Monday, October 20, 2008

Hammers and Strings

Just this past Saturday, I attended the Hammers and Strings tour, with Jack's Mannequin headlining. The other performers that were Treaty of Paris and Eric Hutchinson. Jack's Mannequin is a solo act, featuring Andrew McMahon. The whole purpose of the tour was to show his new album that came out September 30, The Glass Passenger. A lot of the inspiration for Jack's Mannequin's music is derived from his hometown of Orange County, California. I enjoy it because of stylistic melodies of piano rock.
I have never heard any of the other acts before I went to the concert, but they were both equally as entertaining. Treaty of Paris is an American rock band from Chicago with five members. The record label they are signed to is the same as Jack's Mannequin, and was produced by Andrew McMahon. After the concert, I bought their album, which didn't dissapoint based on their live performance. Eric Hutchinson was the other performer. His music isn't what I normally listen to, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It has a bit more of a pop influence than I usually like, but he was a captivating performer and I had a great time.
Overall, that night was a great experience and I had such a good time. It was a change of pace to the more upbeat concerts I usually attend in that it was more relaxed and also at a venue I have never been to. It was in Del Ray at a place called City Limits, which I have never even heard of before. It was a lot nicer than other places where these types of events are held, and I'm going to make it a point to keep up with their future events and the new bands that I was exposed to there.

No comments: